This course is for public health professionals to learn evidence based PH tobacco treatments. The program provides participants evidenced based clinical treatment interventions toolkit to help people who have decided to stop using tobacco.
By the end of this course, the learner will be able to identify options for supporting tobacco control by being able to:
- Identify two pharmacotherapy tools to support people abstaining from tobacco.
- Identify two behavioral interventions to support people's abstinence from tobacco use.
- Recognize evidence-based interventions appropriate to a patient's stage of change.
- Explain why treating tobacco involves both pharmacotherapy and counseling.
Continuing Education Credits
You may receive a certificate of completion by completing an evaluation at the end of the training, but there are no formal continuing education credits available for this training.
- Training launched: April 1, 2011
- Training is free and open to the public
The planners and course authors have no financial arrangements or affiliations with any commercial entities whose products, research or services may be discussed in this activity. No commercial support has been accepted for this activity.