This first module deals with the need for accurate and effective use of the MDS for care and addresses barriers to adoption and how to overcome them.
Your purchase entitles you to one year (356 days) of access, starting on the date of purchase.
To purchase the full 6-part training, click "Enroll in Training" and choose "Purchase All Six Basic Modules" on the payment screen. This option is available through any MDS Basic module.
This training is designed for long-term care professionals working with MDS 3.0 (nursing staff, MDS coordinators, social work, activities staff, therapy staff, nutrition and dietary staff) as well as facility administrators.
By the end of this module you will be able to
- Explain the ways in which accurate completion of the MDS benefits resident care in your facility
- Describe how the MDS impacts public information about your facility
- Explain how accurate completion of the MDS impacts rates of reimbursement
- Recognize how the MDS affects your survey results
- Describe the importance of supporting and training staff in the MDS
Continuing Education Credits
CNE Credits offered until August 31, 2020.
Contact Hours in Nursing Continuing Education
The University at Albany School of Public Health is an Approved Provider of continuing nurse education by the Northeast Multi-State Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This offering is approved for 1.0 nursing contact hours.
Generic Continuing Education Credits
1.0 hours of Generic Continuing Education Credits
The planners and course authors have no financial arrangements or affiliations with any commercial entities whose products, research or services may be discussed in this activity. No commercial support has been accepted for this activity.