Quality Improvement Team Development is part of the Performance Management Series. The work of a QI project is accomplished by a team of individuals, which is known as a QI Team. The purpose of the team is to design, manage, and monitor performance improvement activities to achieve the aim of the QI Project.
This series is intended for learners with a basic understanding of quality improvement and how it fits within the Performance Management Framework. To learn more about these concepts, visit the following resources:
- Model for Improvement YouTube Video (2:54)
- The Public Health Foundation: Public Health Performance Management Toolkit
- The Public Health Foundation: Quality Improvement Quick Guide
As a result of this activity the learner will enhance their knowledge and competence of the importance and purpose of Quality Improvement teams and how they contribute to the achievement of AIMS statements.
At the end of this tutorial you will be able to:
- Describe the importance QI Teams
- Describe how to choose effective members for a QI team
- Define roles of QI team members
- Describe stages of group development
Continuing Education Credits
Generic Continuing Education Credits
0.5 hours of Generic Continuing Education Credits
- Training launched: May 1, 2013
- Estimated time: 20–30 minutes
- Training is free and open to the public
The planners and course authors have no financial arrangements or affiliations with any commercial entities whose products, research or services may be discussed in this activity. No commercial support has been accepted for this activity.