Performance Measurement is part of the Performance Management Series and provides a basic overview of Capacity, Process and Outcome Measures in developing an effective performance measurement process.
This series is intended for learners with a basic understanding of quality improvement and how it fits within the Performance Management Framework. To learn more about these concepts, visit the following resources:
- Model for Improvement YouTube Video (2:54)
- The Public Health Foundation: Public Health Performance Management Toolkit
- The Public Health Foundation: Quality Improvement Quick Guide
As a result of this activity the learner will enhance their knowledge and competence on the three categories of measures; capacity, process and outcomes measures needed in developing an effective performance measurement process.
At the end of this tutorial you will be able to:
- Define Capacity, Process and Outcome Measures.
- Identify characteristics of a good performance measure.
- Identify the role measures play toward achieving a larger public health standard.
Continuing Education Credits
Generic Continuing Education Credits
0.5 hours of Generic Continuing Education Credits.
- Training launched: August 1, 2013
- Estimated time: .5 hours
- Training is free and open to the public
The planners and training authors have no financial arrangements or affiliations with any commercial entities whose products, research or services may be discussed in this activity. No commercial support has been accepted for this activity.