This course will be retired from PHTC Online on July 31st. If you are currently enrolling in the course, or have already enrolled, please complete the course prior to this date as the the course content will no longer be available after July 31st.
The purpose of this workshop is to introduce the Excel user to several of Excel's key features, including data organization, formulas, and pivot tables.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Introduce the new Excel user to the program's features.
- Expand on basic Excel skills by setting up a worksheet for a point-source outbreak investigation. The scenario is that there is an outbreak of a food-borne illness that has been tracked down to a single banquet event. The objective is to set up a spreadsheet so that an outbreak investigation can be conducted in real time.
- Introduce the use of basic mathematical formulas by filling in a budget worksheet.
- Utilize the worksheet that we constructed in Objective 2 to complete the mock outbreak investigation.
- Learn the basic use of PivotTables in MS Excel.
- Demonstrate how Excel can be used for writing form letters.
Continuing Education Credits
Generic Continuing Education Credits
1.0 hours of Generic Continuing Education Credits.
- Training launched: February 1, 2013
- Estimated time: 1 hour, or 3-4 hours if you follow along with the Excel example files
- Free and open to the public
The planners and course authors have no financial arrangements or affiliations with any commercial entities whose products, research or services may be discussed in this activity. No commercial support has been accepted for this activity.